A Complete Look at Drive Medical’s New Sfscout3 Spitfire Scout 3 Wheel Travel Power Scooter and Everything it has to Offer
3 wheel electric wheelchairs/scooters are slowly gaining popularity among many of the disabled as they provide a great way to move around while still being relatively cheap when compared to the traditional two wheeled chair. The Drive Medical Sfscout3 Spitfire Scout 3 Wheel Travel Power Scooter is a new electric scooter/wheelchair by drive medical is one of the best examples of a high quality 3 wheel power scooter and has been especially designed to give a driver convenient and easy mobility while still being able to maintain a superior value. This 3 wheel travel power scooter is lightweight, compact, and simple to disassemble making it very ideal for moving from place to place.
The scooter can be disassembled easily and quickly into five pieces that are very easy to handle so as to load it easily into a van, truck, car and take to shopping or on a vacation. This new version of spitfire’s 3 wheel travel power scooter allows a user to navigate easily around nimbly negotiating indoor obstacles. The scooter also has other innovative features like a delta style tiller which makes it easier for those who have limited strength or dexterity to operate the scooter and a battery pack that can be connected quickly. This model of the scooter also offers color through panels which are excellent for hiding scratches and also wheel rims that are black.
Benefits of Using the Drive Medical Sfscout3 Spitfire Scout 3 Wheel Travel Power Scooter.
- Navigate easily through rough outdoor terrain.
- Get maximum comfort through its height adjustable seat.
- Extra storage.
- Great battery life providing longer rides.
Features of the Drive Medical Sfscout3 Spitfire Scout 3 Wheel Travel Power Scooter.
- Nine mile maximum cruise range and 4.25 mph top speed.
- Anti-tip wheels which provide more safety and stability.
- An adjustable angle tiller which lets a user to position the controller into his/her preferred driving position.
- Comfortable seat which can be easily height adjusted or flipped back.
- Width arms that can be adjusted easily.
- Free wheel release knob that is very convenient.
- Big front basket that comes with a carry handle and provides extra storage.
- Very simple and quick to disassemble into five pieces that can be transported easily.
- Comes with an ergonomic delta tiller that provides easier usage for users with limited strength or flexibility.
- Has a quick connect battery that is easy to remove and can be charged away from the scooter.
- Has two sets of color panels that come in blue and red and are very easy to change.
- Has solid non-marking flat free tires that provide worry free travels.
- Rear reflector that gives better visibility during the night.
- Has a seat back that is capable of folding completely flat making it easier to store or transport the scooter.
- Very easy to learn.
- Has an attractive design.
- Quality construction.
- Exciting to ride.
- Reasonably priced.
– Battery life can sometimes feel short.
– Can be difficult to plug in the charger at times.
How to Use the Drive Medical Sfscout3 Spitfire Scout 3 Wheel Travel Power Scooter.
After the scooter has been assembled and all the proper adjustments have been made, it is now ready to be used. Turn the key switch with the key inserted in it so as to power on the scooter. Rotate the speed knob to the lowest setting then engage then work on the throttle and begin steering left, right, forward, or backward. If you require stopping the scooter, release the throttle and it will return to the center position automatically hence stopping the unit. Once you have familiarized yourself with the controls, you can now rotate the speed knob so as to increase the top speed to a more preferred setting.
Caution: Do not use the key switch to stop the scooter. Doing this may shorten the lifespan of the drive components.
Most of the time, preventive maintenance will be the key to keeping the scooter in good working order. Below are some of the main preventive tips to follow when looking to maintain the scooter efficiently.
- Do not abuse the control and throttle functions unnecessarily.
- Ensure that the scooter remains clean and away from moisture.
- Do not use a conditioner on the tread of its wheels.
- Do not prolong the scooter to extreme temperatures.
Should the scooter come in contact with moisture or water, dry it thoroughly using a towel then let it sit in a dry place for about 8 – 12 hours so as to let the unseen moisture evaporate completely. Ensure that you check the brakes and throttle operation before using the scooter again. If any items requires servicing or replacing, get in touch with an authorized Drive Medical provider.
This scooter has been made to operate between temperatures of 18 degrees Fahrenheit and 122 degrees Fahrenheit. In very cold environments, the batteries may end up freezing depending on how they are used, charged, and their composition. In very hot environments, the scooter may operate at lower speeds because of the safety mechanism built in it that prevents damage to the electric functions and gear box when operations is being done on hot environments.
Customers who have purchased the Drive Medical Sfscout3 Spitfire Scout 3 Wheel Travel Power Scooter seem to be quite content with its ease of use and driving capabilities with some even adding that the scooter has improved their livelihood. However, some seem to be very disappointed with its battery life stating that it does not last as long as expected. This however should not be a major issue as the batteries are easily replaceable.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Q. – Does the scooter come with batteries and a charger?
A. – Yes, when purchasing the scooter, users will also be allocated batteries and a charger.
Q. – Is it portable?
A. – Yes. The scooter can break down to five pieces giving it the ability to fit in most trunks of vehicles that are non-compact.
Q. – What can I do to service the scooter if a problem occurs?
A. – Call Drive Medical and they will provide you with the contact of a local dealer who will assist you.
Overall, the Drive Medical Sfscout3 Spitfire Scout 3 Wheel Travel Power Scooter is a well-designed 3 wheel scooter that is great for traveling to far places. Its portability is very exceptional with parts that can be disassembled into about five parts easily so as to enable it to fit into any type of vehicle easily. New users will take a few minutes to get used to its operations and from then on, everything will be completely smooth and easy.
The price of the scooter is a huge bargain considering it offers so many great features to its users making it one of the cheapest electric scooters with so many accessibility options. Users who also plan to use the scooter at places with a lot of corners will be amazed at how easily they will be able to maneuver around those corners. The customer care representatives at Drive Medical respond very fast to any problems or queries regarding the scooter and are more than willing to offer any type of assistance to users.
If you are looking for a great 3 wheel travel scooter that will change your life while still being kind to your wallet, then the Drive Medical Sfscout3 Spitfire Scout 3 Wheel Travel Power Scooter is definitely the right choice for you. Visit Amazon today and purchase this scooter at a high discount offer and the only question you’ll be asking yourself is why you did not get this amazing 3 wheel scooter sooner.