Four wheeled electric wheelchairs/scooters are slowly becoming the preferred choice when one is looking for a stable transportation. The Spitfire Scout 4 Wheel Travel Power Scooter by Drive Medical is the best cheap electric wheelchair in the current market and also one of the best examples of a high quality 4 wheel travel power scooter.
This scooter is a must have for anyone who is experiencing various limitations in regards to their movement and requires a dependable machine to get from place to place. The Spit Fire Scout 4 Wheel Travel Power Scooter is especially good for travel because it can be dis-assembled into portable pieced then reassembled again into a whole scooter machine. It can also be loaded easily into a vehicle that has limited space with the pieces that are easily re-attached and attached.
The Spitfire Scout 4 Wheel Travel Power Scooter provides a very enjoyable driving experience as it is fitted with padded armrests and has an agility that makes it capable of weaving through obstacles very easily. Steering the scooter is quite effortless and made to be very easy for people who have limited strength or dexterity. The Spitfire model normally comes with a large basket, a fold-down backrest, and a swivel seat whose height is easily adjustable. It also has color through panels that are excellent for hiding any scratches and scuffs that may occur.
Features and Benefits of the Spitfire Scout 4 Wheel Travel Power Scooter.
- Comes with a very convenient release knob that has free-wheel capabilities.
- Has an easy to detach and re-attach quick-connect battery pack which can be charged away from the scooter.
- Has a large front basket with a carry handle.
- Has been equipped with a seat that is very comfortable, height adjustable, and has flip-back adjustable width arms.
- It can be dis-assembled and re-assembled very quickly and easily into five transportable pieces.
- Comes with an ergonomic delta tiller which provides great ease of use for those who have limited dexterity or strength when it comes to operating the scooter.
- Has a rear reflector that provides enhanced visibility.
- Its tires are completely solid, non-marking, and flat free providing safe travels that are free of worries.
- The machine has also been equipped with two sets of color panels that are easy to change in blue and red.
- Its seat back is able to fold completely flat which is very helpful when it comes to storing or moving the scooter from place to place.
- This scooter is the best cheap electric wheelchair available
- Easily portable with its detachment and re-attachment capabilities
- Provides great comfort to a user
- Battery can last for a very long time
- Its high adjustable swivel seat is very convenient for allocating proper seating places.
Turning radius is not quite up-to standard.
The interchangeable panels tend to pop off randomly at times.
How to Use the Spitfire Scout 4 Wheel Travel Power Scooter.
Assembly and Disassembly.
The scooter can be assembled into five pieces without the use of tools. These sections are; the seat, battery pack, front section, rear section, and basket. Below are steps detailing how to properly disassemble and assemble the scooter.
- Pull upwards on the swivel release lever to remove the seat from the post.
- Unlock the battery lock and rotate the battery lock at 180 degrees to allow the battery pack to be removed.
- You should now proceed to loosening the adjustment knob of the tiller then drop the tiller itself to the lowest position and ensure that the angle adjustment know is properly tightened so as to keep the tiller secured.
- Grab the connecting handle then pull up on it so as to make the back and front section of the base to split.
- Line up the base’s rear and front then lift the connecting handle up while slowly lowering the rear and front sections until they lock together.
- Adjustment knob of the tiller should now be loosened and the tiller raised to a user’s preferred height while making sure the adjustment knob is tightened so as to secure the tiller in place.
- Lower the battery pack to the compartment on the scooter then rotate the battery lock over it and lock so as to secure the batteries in place.
- When the release lever of the seat is being lifted up, the seat should be properly placed on the seat post then the lever should be released and the seat rotated until it locks securely in place.
After the scooter has been assembled and preferred adjustments have been made, it is now ready for use. Turn the key switch while having the key inserted so as to turn on the scooter. The Speed knob should be rotated to the lowest setting then start throttling and steer the scooter backward, forward, right, or left. If the scooter needs to be stopped, this can be easily done by releasing the throttle and making it go back to a center position automatically so as to turn the scooter off. Once you have familiarized yourself with the controls, you can now adjust the rotation of the knob in order to increase the top speed to a desired setting.
Preventive maintenance is the key to keeping the scooter in optimum operating condition. Below the preventive measures to take to ensure the scooter remains in proper working condition at all times.
- Avoid abusing the throttle and control functions
- Always keep the scooter clean and free from moisture
- Never use a conditioner on the tread of the wheels
- Avoid prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures.
Most customers who have bought and used the scooter seem to be very pleased with its smooth operating capabilities and ease of use. The assembly and disassembly feature has also been very convenient for them enabling better storage capabilities. However, some have expresses their disappointment over its terrible turning radius forcing one to giggle back and forth so as to get where they need to go.
Frequently Asked Questions.
- – What is the scooter’s maximum weight limit?
- – The scooter has a maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs.
- – Are the battery and charger included when one purchases the scooter?
- – Yes, the charger and battery are included.
- – Can it fit into the trunk of a car?
- – Yes. The scooter can be taken apart and fit into a car’s trunk easily.
If you are looking for the best cheap electric wheelchair that money can buy, then the Spitfire Scout 4 Wheel Travel Power Scooter is definitely the right choice. With its ease of use capabilities and quick disassembly and assembly of its parts, this scooter is a definite bargain and a must have for anyone with moving disabilities.
Users who are using it for the first time may encounter some difficulty when it comes to maneuvering around different situations like narrow doorways, cornering, traveling up and down ramps, and traveling on terrain that is unbalanced. Always ensure to set the scooter at low speeds and take your time when learning how to maneuver the scooter.
New users will also need to follow the instruction manual that comes with the scooter carefully for more details on the operation and maintenance of the scooter and in-case of any problem that may occur and cannot be resolved easily; the Drive Medical customer care support is available 24/7 to help solve it.